I wish to ask about the views and opinion on the recent verification survey of Sindh Education Foundation in connection with their Public Private Partnership on the promotion and establishment of low cast schools in various districts of Sindh..
Some misappropriation and favoritism were noticed in the verification process.
Please provide your comments on following points
Did you find anything objectionable during the survey?
Did anyone/how many individuals complained about the survey?
Was survey competent enough?
Did the survey team check and verified correctly?
Are all Applicants satisfied with the survey?
What do you feel about the survey being a responsible person of the area?
Would this scheme benefits deserving people of the area?
How many people were lying and cheating?
How many people do you think are deserving to open such schools?
This survey is open for all to reply with their comments and suggestions please.
Your suggestion would also be appreciated.
I am waiting for a prompt reply.
Let me assure you of transparent Development in Paksitan.
With warm regards,
MY Dear Sindhi Youth!
Sindh Education Foundation with the support of International donors had asked to people and NGOs to open Schools in the areas where Schools are not present or if present were not accessible to the childern. This programme was under public private partnership scheme. There were rportedly corruption in the verification of applicants and information data supplied be the him/them.
Objectives of this project were as appended below:
• To pioneer a new culture of viable organizational vision and institutional development for good quality innovative learning and general improvement of educational practices in private schools and non profit NGO's schools.
• To forge long term public private partnership by including sizable number of private schools as beneficiaries of the program.
• To devise mechanisms among private schools and districts for training support.
• To design a meticulous framework for process support, quality improvement and continuous accountability of private and religious education providers.
• To provide subsidy to the NGOs on the basis of its efforts towards attracting more children for education; and to provide teachers salary on the basis of teachers performance and their personal initiatives.
• To launch meaningful research projects to build the models for low cost and high quality institutions of learning.
The verification survey was given to private firms.
But what is hapening with this project is worth crying.
Corruption is reported on various locations by the supervisors and enumerators, who in the connivance with applicant misfeed the data in survey answer sheets. They do not take reading of GPS of school located within the range of 1 to 3 km. So as in formation for building required for the school and proposed be the applicant is also mislead in most of the cases.
I request authorities to take serious action of the complaints recieved from various districts where survey is being carried out most of the complained district is Sanghar.
i ALSO REQUEST ALL THE FRIENDS TO REPORT ANY SUCH CASE OF CURROPTION TO UNDERSIGNED IMMEDIATELY FROM ANY CORNER OF SINDH.
Let DISCOVER assure all the Sindhi youths for a transparent development.
With warm regards,
Development Institute for Social Control, Organization, Vigilance, Education and Research, DISCOVER - Pakistan
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
OPEN DISCUSSION FORUM - Social Vigilance
Am working to Social Vigilance Theory. I say Social Vigilance is must for a monitor and any professional of M and E. I need any possible theories and definitions of Social Vigilance if used in the field of M and E. I request senior professionals to guide and educate me how could I introduce Social Vigilance in Development Sector influenced by the corrupt culture of in Pakistan.
In my opinion Social Vigilance comprises M and E, discreet check, background check, verification of authentication, Originality
of NGOs/NPOs, their personnel, documents and projects.
On the point I am confused is 'if Social Vigilance be introduced in addition to M and E, or as a part of M and E.
I also need to know difference between Social Audit, Governance, M and E.
The main Objective is to control, point out and eliminate wrongdoings and corruption.
I need detailed response and references please.
Let me assure you of transparency and prosperity in development sector.
With warm regards,
Originator "Social Vigilance."
DISCOVER - NGO, Pakistan